Mathematics - The Queen of all Sciences.
- All subjects contain information necessary to become a knowledgeable and functional member of our society. We are becoming more technologically dependent, so technical reasoning is needed for survival. Mathematics is no longer just a subject taken by the elite. Now it has rightfully become a staple in our educational systems even though it is not appreciated by many people until it is needed. This essay is to help people become open to learning math by understanding what math is all about.
- What is math?
- The people do not appreciate math, because they do not understand what math is all about. That is why the nature of math desperately needs to be explained.
- Simply saying, math is about solving problems.
- Mathematics can be broadly described as the science of space, time, measurement, quantities, shapes and numbers and their relationships with each other.
- Pure mathematics is mainly deals with concepts that are based on the rules of mathematics. Pure Mathematicians mainly deal with establishing mathematical proofs.
- These concepts are not necessarily aimed at meeting the needs of the physical world.
- Applied mathematics, on the other hand, is that branch of Mathematics that is applied to other branches such as chemistry, physics, chemistry, etc. It is based on problem-solving approach. It tries to find a practical solutions to solve the day-to-day problems of life.
- Successful problem solvers are able to understand what is expected of the problems they face. In other words, they know all of the details surrounding the problem at hand, which is the most important step to solving problems. It requires an attention to detail and therefore patience. After examining the details, intelligent choices need to be made as well as the beginning steps of developing a strategy. The plan must be carried out in an order that makes sense. So careful planning, possibly by justifiable experimentation, must take place. Once an actual solution is obtained, it must be tested to determine whether or not it is reasonable.
- What does problem solving have to do with math in school?
Every math problem that gets discussed, handled, and assigned forces us to use many, if not all, of the detailed methods of problem solving. Each individual problem becomes a small but important lesson for solving problems in general. Math is traditionally learned by first doing many smaller problems. Then the small problems are put together to solve bigger problems.
- For example, in order to solve algebraic equations, being knowledgeable about addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is a must. Ordering the steps to be carried out, evaluating expressions, and learning how and when equations are used must be learned, too.
- Who commonly uses math?
Everybody uses math whether they realize it or not. Shoppers use math to calculate change, tax, and sales prices. Cooks use math to modify the amount a recipe will make. Vacationers use math to find time of arrivals and departures to plan their trips.
- Important uses of Mathematics:
- Knowledge of Mathematics is necessary for the study of the physical sciences.
- Computation and calculation are the basis of all studies that deal with matter in any form.
- Even the physician who has to study biological cells and bacilli need to have the knowledge of Mathematics, if he means to cut the margin of error which alone can make his diagnosis dependable.
- To the mechanic and the engineer it is a constant guide and help, and without exact knowledge of Mathematics, they cannot proceed one step in coming to grips with any complicated problem.
- Be it the airplane or the atom bomb, radio-communication or nuclear power, anything that has to do with anything concerning matter in any form, the knowledge of the principles of Mathematics is the one thing absolutely necessary.
- Mathematical calculations form an important role in architectural activities. Precise calculation are made while planning for the development of a new townships, buildings, bridges, etc.
- An elementary knowledge of the simplest branch of Mathematics, arithmetic, is the daily need of every man and woman in the ordinary affairs of life.
- Finally, what i want to say is Knowledge of Mathematics is indispensable both for the public person in the street as well as for scientists and philosophers.
Some important concepts of Mathematics at a glance:
- Geometry and Euclid's Postulates
- Fundamental theorem of Arithmetic
- Fermat's last theorem
- Gold Bach's conjecture
- Boolean Algebra
- Babbage's Analytical Engine
- Non - Euclidean geometry
- Godel's Theorems
- Theory of Games
- RSA Algorithm
- Four Color Theorem